December 6, 2006

Receding into the ether

I participated in my first talkcast tonight, text chatting contribution while I listened to the speakers express careful and mournful commentary, as all were shocked and saddened by the death of CNET editor James Kim. I'd been following the story of the young family lost in the wilderness of Oregon over the past 11 days. Learning that his body had been found today is crushing -- and my heart goes out to his young wife and two daughters. The hearts of so many are with them. I know I'll miss James' intelligence and charm on the Crave video podcasts. He was a great tech journalist and by all accounts a remarkable human being. Interacting with in the talkcast was rather like being at a virtual wake, albeit with frequent updates by the moderator. Intriguing and sad all at once.

No comments: